Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Spy


 
This morning, journals were journalled upon,

 
phone calls were made,

 
small stuffed animals colored with crayons,


 
puppies were cared for,

 
and cars and peoples travelled about.

 
Suddenly, a musical impulse came over the room!







 
Friends challenged Carol's manic dancing skills (who danced like no one was watching and no, there are no photos, they have been deleted). The Catbirds worked to start with a slow rhythm and gradually increase their speed until Carol looked ridiculous and every one had to stop playing, so that they could laugh.




 
At Morning Meeting, we read a new book, Can I Play? This book also made friends laugh, and had two of our favorite characters - Elephant and Pig. We noticed how some words are written VERY LARGE, and decided that this meant they should be said VERY LOUD! We are increasingly cuing friends into a variety of ways to decode things in writing, in preparation for reading.




 
Then it was time to head outside for a GIANT WALKABOUT! (Feel free to say these words loudly).













 
After some time on the playground, we headed off. As we went, we played a running game of I SPY.



 
I SPY a bush!

 
I Spy a tree with leaves (and without).



 
I Spy a wall to climb (each time, friends went racing to the answer).













 
I Spy some numbers.

 
I Spy a place to put trash.
 



 
I Spy a place to sit.







 
I Spy a fence.


 
On our way back, we stopped at the Big Kid's playground, where we played with the Cardinals!




 
Friends were very ready for a story and some lunch when we got back.



No comments:

Post a Comment