Friday, December 14, 2012

Light





Our morning began with Spanish class with Alicia. We are learning many new words and songs as we fly to new Spanish speaking countries.









We worked on projects (some secret, some not), for all of next weeks activities. We will be attending Winterfest with the whole school, and we are making things to hang on the tree. We will also be going to Meeting for Worship with the Lower School, and the topic will be Light. So, we spent some time over the past few days asking the Catbirds about Light. Here's what they had to say:

What is Light?
In the words of the Catbirds:

I am light.
Light blue. Light green. Light gray.
I think it’s from like lightening,
like thunder.
Light bulbs are light.
The light inside of me comes from a tiger. 
Light comes from animals.
The light is your best friend.
Light is hot.
Electricity.
Because the sun is up.
I shine a little bit.
Well my monkey shines!
I think light comes from light.
Light comes with light and light is light.
The light outside goes on all by itself. 
Light is light is light is light.
It’s in the sky.
The light is shining.
Sun is shining about.
Light is a big circle .
My mommy has light,
and my daddy has light.
My baby has light,
and my sister has light.
The light is yellow and the light is white.
The light comes from inside the classroom.
The Sun, in the dark it is sleeping.
  



Other parts of our day:





Outside time.




















Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment