Monday, April 6, 2015

Is This Art?

Today, our classroom camera died, so let me fill you in on our early morning. 
We started the day with Spanish class!
After, we worked on a variety of subjects - including preparing to publish our next Volume of Catbird Stories.
At Morning Meeting, we introduced some new pieces of art, and friends gave their ideas and opinions about them. These pieces were portraits in three very different styles. See below for their ideas about this art.



We had some snack and serious running time outside - a rousing game of Monster Tag. Other friends worked on creating their stories and building.






We took our art outside, so that we could discuss it some more. The artist for each was, from left to right: Gaugin, Klee and Alston.

These are some of the Catbird's reflections:

Painting Observations
Gaugin, Alston, & Klee
April 6, 2015

I love the beautiful girls that are sitting on the sand - Natalie (Gauguin)
It looks funny so it’s weird that it’s famous. It doesn’t look like it would be famous. - Rowan (Klee)
I like that weird looking painting because it’s so beautiful and funny. I like that it’s drawn all wrong. - Lillian (Klee)
I like this one because it’s very funny and I like it. I makes me laugh, the whole thing. - Jessica (Alston)
I like this one because there’s one eyebrow. That’s so silly! Not two! And also, it’s art. It has different colors, and I like the colors on it. - Matthew H. (Klee)
This one is funny because it has one eyebrow on this side and not two eyebrows, and two lines on this eye and no lines on this eye. It’s weird and funny. - Matthew C. (Klee)
I like this one because of the pretty girls sitting in the sand. [It’s art] because people made it. Just like, my coat is art; somebody sewed it. - Lily (Gauguin)
































For Choice Time, we had a substitute teacher to run the process. He did an amazing job.




















We did gears, games and Flubber making.
















No comments:

Post a Comment